EVENT HELP AND FAQ
Visit FER VNEXT Login page: fer.vnextevents.com/login. Enter the email address/username you used when you registered and your password, then click "Login."
On the log in page ( fer.vnextevents.com/login), click "Forgot your password?" You will be taken to a screen to enter your username or email address to reset your password.
If you do not receive the email, please scroll down to the bottom of the page to chat with the Help Desk or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend the following, in order:
- Refresh your browser (CTRL + F5).
- Clear your browsing cache/cookies (CTRL + SHIFT + DEL)
- Use a hardwired Internet connection. If Wi-fi is your only option, try closing down background applications that can reserve bandwidth.
- Full system restart.
- If nothing works, please go to the Help Desk live support chat.
Prior to the start of the event, we sent you an invite to the email you used to sign up. Please search for an email from VNEXT in your email account. If you cannot find it, please go to the log in screen, click "Forgot your password?" You will be taken to a screen to enter your username or email address to reset your password. If the system does not recognize any of your email address(es), you may not have signed up yet.
This could be a few different things. First, you may need to adjust the volume settings on the video in your browser. The volume controls are located on the bottom left of the session screen and look similar to "cell phone service' bars. Alternatively, depending on your computer, you need to go to computer settings/control panel, click on sounds/audio and make sure you select the speakers or headphones you are using.
On the left-hand side of the FER VNEXT website, click the bookmark icon.
From the top of the FER VNEXT website, click Agenda.
From the top of the FER VNEXT website, click Sessions
From the top of the FER VNEXT website, click Exhibits.
- The best place to start is refreshing your screen.
- If you've tried refreshing your screen, but things are still not working properly the next step is to make sure you don't have any browser updates. While these are usually done automatically, there are some simple steps to make sure your browser is up to date.
How to Update your browser: If you'd like to ensure you have the most up-to-date browser, you can manually update it using the steps below.
- Google Chrome: Click on the vertical ellipses (three dots lined up vertically) in top right hand corner of your browser home screen. Click settings, select "About Chrome" on the left-hand side of the screen and the update, if necessary, will automatically begin.
- Firefox: Click the menu button and click Help. From the Help menu and select "About Firefox." Click the "Check for Updates," Click "Update" and Click Restart Firefox to Update.
- Internet Explorer: Select the Start button, select "Settings," "Update & security," "Windows Update," and then select "Check for updates."
- Safari: Visit the App Store (click on the apple menu icon in the top left-hand corner of the screen) and select "App Store." From there, go to the "Updates" tab and click the "Update all" or just the update for Safari.
- Microsoft Edge: Click the\Options\(three dots) button in the upper-right corner. Then go to\Help and feedback > About Microsoft Edge. If an update is available, it will start downloading automatically. Then you will need to restart the browser to complete the update process.
If your browser is updated, but things are still not running properly. Try shutting down your computer and rebooting.
If you are finding that the live stream is being interrupted often or you are experiencing a significant lag, more than likely you should look at your internet connection. If you have an ethernet cord, make sure to use that to connect to your internet. If not, try rebooting your modem and WiFi router following your specific Internet Service Provider's instructions.
The quality of your live playback experience is largely dependent on the download speed you have from your ISP (Internet Service Provider) or mobile provider. Keep in mind that your overall Internet speed can vary depending on many factors, including but not limited to: time of day, Wi-Fi performance, other devices/users utilizing your connection, and the strength of the signal provided by your ISP. When a video plays in lower than expected quality, it's likely because the viewer's Internet speed (bandwidth) or computer processing speed cannot support higher quality playback. Our live stream is set up to auto-correct and play at a resolution that works best for each viewer's internet bandwidth. If you plan on attending the event from your desktop specifically, for optimal performance, a hardwired connection via Ethernet is best, but if you prefer to use WiFi, be sure that your router is configured correctly and, ideally, that your network is not being shared with other devices. If you'd like to test your connection speed at www.fast.com or www.speedtest.net.
Recommended Operating System for playback:
- Windows 7 or later
- MacOS Sierra (10.12.6) or later
Recommended Browser Versions for playback:
- Chrome 30+
- Firefox 27+
- Internet Explorer 11
- Microsoft Edge
- Safari 9+
Visit Exhibits (fer.vnextevents.com/exhibit). Select the Exhibitor of your choice. Once you are in their booth, click "Book a Meeting" (top right-hand corner of the page). Select the meeting option listed. You will be redirected to a page with specific times to meet. Select the time that is most convenient for you. Be sure to click "add to calendar" and the meeting will be added to your personal calendar.
Yes, to cancel or reschedule a meeting go to the schedule meeting on your calendar and click the link next to "cancel" or "reschedule" near the bottom of the body of the invitation.
Click "view" on the pdf/document on the site you would like to save. It will open in a pop-up window. Hover over the document to see the download button (in the top right-hand corner). Click download to be taken to window where you can save the document on your computer.
Hover over the video (on a desktop or click on the video on a mobile device). Then, look in the bottom right-hand corner to see volume bars that you can click on to hear audio. You can also click/tap on the bars and use the up and down arrow bars (on a desktop).
On the live stream page, please submit all questions you have for the speakers into the Group Chat window on the right-hand side of the video.
First, make sure the player is not paused. If you've hit the play button and nothing is playing, please refresh your screen.
During the day of the event, the sessions will be presented at the time on the posted agenda. You will be able to watch the recorded sessions after the event, but you will not be able to participate in the Q&A once the session has already ended.
For additional help, please chat with the help desk below or email email@example.com.